Friday, August 29, 2008

Having A Baby ... Now!

For this blog post, the part of Catholic Mama will be played by Catholic Daddy - who is transcribing at bedside.

We are at the hospital. After a brief time in triage, the doctor decided to induce after giving mag sulfate. The induction has begun.

She asks for prayers that the baby be born ok, able to breath and nurse on her own and for a safe vaginal delivery - no c-section.

I will try to update as time, progress, and internet access allow.

12 comments:

mylittlepatchofsunshine said...

Kelly -- you, your sweet new babe, and all of your family are in our prayers tonight. I pray for your medical care to be caring and competent and that all come through in the best possible way. God Bless You!!!

Erin said...

Lots of prayers, Kelly!!! Wow - I bet yesterday you weren't expecting to be giving birth tonight! Things went so quickly! Praying for your health, baby's health, and for a smooth recovery.

MamaJen said...

Praying for you guys - I posted a message to our homeschool list, so know that you have good prayer warriors on your side! If there's anything we can do to help, let us know...

Allison said...

God bless you all. I am praying for Our Lady's intercession.

mel said...

Praying Kelly...Oh my goodness, praying for you tonight. Thank you so much for keeping us posted Pete.

Amy said...

PRAYING!!

Wendy in VA said...

I got here via Slightly Crunchy Catholic. I can sympathize -- our youngest was born by c-section at 26 weeks because of severe PE. You are a brave, brave woman! Thank God, it sounds like you have a great doctor. I will be praying for all of you!!

Sarah said...

Hi Kelly and family,
Oh, what amazing news! I am lifting you all up to the feet of Jesus right now. May He and our Blessed Mother protect and guide you and all those around you right now.
Love, Sarah

antonia said...

praying for you!!!!

Cassidy said...

Prayers for mom, baby, and the rest of the family. I look forward to hearing an update that baby has made it and all are well.

Pam said...

Thanks for the update. Your whole family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Vicki said...

You are in my prayers.